It began like this.
I used a 9" X 12" sheet of Canson watercolor paper,
plenty of water in a spray bottle,
and Dylusions Ink Sprays -
bubblegum pink and london blue.
I love the colors I can get with the Dylusions - so much fun!
Some of those round places - like the blue one just below the center -
was made by holding a heat gun straight down
above a wet puddle of color -
until it dried.
Here is a link to my tutorial on using Dylusions.
This is the same blob of color - tangled.
Look how I divided up the sections and drew patterns on them.
That's what I did with the whole sheet.
Wherever I felt tangling needed to happen - it did.
This section is on the right, about halfway up.
This section is towards the middle,
but for the life of me I can't tell if this photo is
turned the wrong direction or not.
Just keep tangling and pretty soon
you will turn this . . .
. . . into this.
If I can do it - you can, too.
All you have to do is start.
And if you don't have Dylusions -
I started with a simple watercolor pan set
from the school supply row in Wal-Mart.
They make some pretty beautiful artwork, too!