Art journaling has been pushed to the very back of the plate
as we work on books.
I miss it.
So this week I decided to check out one of the
weekly art journal groups I am in
and do a prompt.
I started with this watercolored background in
my art journal. I made it with a simple kids'
watercolor pan set from the school row
I used Tim Holtz's Distress Stains and a
couple stencils to start my framework.
The stains were a little more soupy than I
recalled and didn't play great with the
stencil, but that's alright.
It adds to the rustic feel.
When I started outlining for definition,
I was greatly disappointed to find that my
microns and other fine liners would not
work over the distress stains.
So much so that I ruined three pens before I decided
to throw in the towel and resort to gel pens.
What you see here is the result of about
5-6 different types of gel pens and markers.
Not real happy that it was so hard to draw on top
of these stains.