Months ago I bought a Prima product called
Watercolor Resist Pen.
A bottle of liquid that allows you to mask off an area
so you can have contrast when you watercolor.
It has a needle tip on it and you just squeeze.
I used a piece of mixed media paper and
made scrolls and loops using the resist pen.
Then I put it somewhere safe from Aurora
to dry overnight.
The next day, I used a small watercolor set
also from Prima and watercolored my paper.
I slopped on a lot of water to start with -
then added the color.
It was cool to watch how the color moved to the
borders of the resist and sat there.
I was curious about the amount of water I added.
I really thought it would seep under the edges
of the resist lines.
Here is what it looked like dry.
I did not use a heat gun to dry this.
I wasn't sure how the resist would react
with the heat, so I just stuck it back in
the safe spot and waited.
Yesterday, I started peeling off the resist.
It pulled up in a little rubbery strip,
kind of like rubber cement did when
we were kids.
Notice that the color did not seep under
the resist like I thought it might.
It left a good crisp, clear line.